The jSparrow Eclipse plugin has to be installed via Eclipse Marketplace.
- Internet connection
- Required Eclipse version: Eclipse Neon or later (4.6.0+)
jSparrow installation via Eclipse Marketplace
jSparrow can simply be installed by dragging this Button to your running Eclipse Workspace.
Alternatively, follow these steps to install jSparrow:
Current Eclipse Marketplace Problems
Due to problems on the Eclipse Marketplace, the installation via the Eclipse Marketplace does not work currently. Please use the Install Button or install jSparrow manually.
- Go to “Help” -> “Eclipse Marketplace…”
- Search for "jsparrow" and click install
- Restart Eclipse after clicking through the installation process
Manual jSparrow Installation
- Go to "Help" -> "Install New Software..."
- Enter the jSparrow update site
http://update.jsparrow.euinto the "Work With:" field, press "Enter"
Select "Photon" for Eclipse Photon and newer or "Neon and Oxygen" for Eclipse Neon or Eclipse Oxygen
Press "Next" twice
Select "I accept the terms of the license agreement" and click "Finish"
Wait for the "Certificates" Dialog to show, check "Splendit IT Consulting GmbH" and click "Accept selected"
- When prompted, please restart Eclipse